The Best Roast Potatoes
1 kg Potatoes (e.g. Maris Piper or King Edwards)
3 tbsp Bath Harvest Rapeseed Oil
Salt & Pepper
1. Preheat oven to 200°C/Gas Mark 6. Place the roasting tin in the oven to heat.
2. Peel and halve the potatoes. Place in a large pan, cover with cold water, add a pinch of salt. Bring to the boil and cook for 5 minutes.
3. Add the Bath Harvest Rapeseed Oil to the hot roasting tin and return to the oven for a 2 minutes to re-heat.
4. Drain the par-boiled potatoes in a colander. Tip back into pan with lid on and allow to steam-dry for 2 minutes. Toss about to give them fluffy-coarse edges.
5. Tip the potatoes into the roasting tray and turn to coat in oil. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 40 mins – 1 hour, turning and basting every 20 minutes until golden and crispy.
Try using any our Infused range to add extra flavour!
Garlic & Parmesan – use our Garlic Infused for roasting. Then add a little more Garlic Infused and sprinkle with fresh grated parmesan 20 minutes before end of cooking.
Rosemary & Thyme – use our Rosemary Infused and season with 1 tsp dried thyme. Add a little more Rosemary oil near end of cooking.
Spicy Chilli – use our Oak Smoked Chipotle or Bhut Jolokia Infused for roasting, topping up by drizzling a little extra near end of cooking.