Ewes Curd & Tomato Salad by Rob Clayton
for the Ewe’s curd
150g ewe’s curd (or good quality soft goats cheese)
Zest of 1/2 lemon
Juice of 1/4 lemon
Salt & pepper to taste
Double cream to loosen as needed
Selection of 3 – 4 ripe tomatoes (e.g. heritage)
Bath Harvest Lemon Infused Rapeseed Oil
Bath Harvest Rapeseed Oil
Toasted Walnuts (optional)
1. Prepare the ewes curd moose mix all the ingredients together in a bowl using a spatula until smooth then place in the fridge.
2. Wash and dry the tomatoes. Slice thinly and place in a bowl.
3. Finely chop a small bunch of fresh basil and mix with approx 2 tbsp Bath Harvest Rapeseed Oil.
4. Just before plating, toss the tomato slices in a generous drizzle of the Lemon Infused Rapeseed Oil and season with a pinch of sea salt.
5. To serve, shape the ewes curd moose into ovals using two dessert spoons and place 3 of these onto each plate. Arrange the tomatoes and drizzle with the basil oil. Sprinkle with some toasted walnuts (if using) and serve immediately as a starter or light lunch.