Coconut Oaty Traybake
125g plain four
115g rolled oats*
170g granulated sugar
85g desiccated coconut
115ml Bath Harvest Rapeseed Oil Optional extras:
1 tablespoon golden syrup 50g sultanas or raisins or chopped nuts
1 large egg (beaten) 100g melted chocolate (topping)
- Pre-heat the oven to 170°c (160°c fan) or Gas Mark 3. Lightly grease and line a swiss-roll tin (around 30cm x 20cm).
- In a large bowl, add flour, oats, sugar and coconut and stir together. (If using sultanas or raisins add at this stage.)
- In a pan over a low heat, gently warm the golden syrup and Bath Harvest Rapeseed Oil until combined. Pour over dry ingredients and stir. Add beaten egg and continue to mix thoroughly with a wooden spoon. Spread evenly into tin using back of spoon to level off.
- Bake in centre of oven for 20 – 25 minutes, until golden on top. Slice in tin while still warm. Allow to cool for a further 10 minutes, then remove slices and cool completely on wire rack.
- If using chocolate topping: melt chocolate over a bain-marie until liquid. Using a spoon, drizzle the chocolate over each finger (this could also be done whilst still in tin). Store fingers in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
For Gluten Free version:
Follow recipe as above but substitute plain flour with your gluten free flour. Add an extra egg. *Oats – refer to Coeliac UK’s guidelines on incorporating oats into a gluten free diet. Make sure to use a ‘free-from’ 100% pure brand of oats.