Best Banana Bread
75ml Bath Harvest Rapeseed Oil
175ml or 1/2 cup honey or maple syrup
225g mashed ripe bananas (about 2½ medium or 2 large bananas)
55ml milk of choice or water
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon, plus more to swirl on top
120g white flour
120g Bath Farm Girls Quinoa Flour*
Optional extras: 50g chopped walnuts, chocolate chips, dried fruit or desiccated coconut.
- Preheat oven to 165C or Gas 3 and grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, beat the oil and honey together together with a whisk. Add the eggs and beat well, then whisk in the mashed bananas and milk
- Add the baking soda, vanilla, salt and cinnamon, and whisk to blend. Finally using a metal spoon, gently fold in the two types of flour, until just combined. If you’re adding any additional extras, add them now.
- Pour into your greased loaf pan and sprinkle lightly with cinnamon. Swirl lightly with the tip of a knife.
- Bake for 55 to 65 minutes, or until a metal kebab stick inserted comes out clean. Let the bread cool in the loaf pan for 10 minutes, then transfer it to a wire rack to cool for 20 minutes before slicing.
- Store at room temperature for 2 days or in the fridge for 5 days. Alternatively, freeze in slices wrapped in baking paper and cling-film.
* If you are unable to source Quinoa flour – substitute with 120g of white or wholemeal flour.
For Gluten Free version – replace the 120g white flour with a recognised brand of Gluten Free plain flour. (Bath Farm Girls Quinoa Flour is gluten free)
For more info go to Bath Farm Girls website