Bath Harvest Banana Bread
75ml Bath Harvest Rapeseed Oil
125ml honey or maple syrup
225g mashed ripe bananas (about 3 small or 2 large)
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon, plus more to swirl on top
220g white plain flour*
- Preheat oven to 165˚C or Gas 3 and grease and line a 2lb loaf tin.
- In a large bowl beat together the wet ingredients; rapeseed oil, honey, vanilla, eggs and milk. Add in the mashed bananas and mix until just combined.
- In a separate bowl measure out the dry ingredients; bicarb, salt, cinnamon and flour. Sieve into the wet ingredients and then fold through gently until just combined. Add any extras in now and stir through.
- Pour into your prepared tin and sprinkle lightly with cinnamon then swirl with a knife.
- Bake for 45 – 55 minutes, or until a metal skewer inserted comes out clean. Try not to overcook – slightly underdone is better. Let the cake cool in the tin for 10 minutes, transfer to a rack to cool further before slicing.
- Store for 2 days or in the fridge for 5 days. Alternatively freeze in wrapped slices.
Baking Gluten Free? Substitute plain flour* for a recognised brand of Gluten Free plain flour.