Autumnal Pumpkin Soup
Ingredients (serves 3 – 4)
Bath Harvest rapeseed Oil
1 large butternut squash (or firm fleshed pumpkin)
1 medium onion
500ml vegetable stock
Salt and pepper
To finish choose between:
1 tbsp grated parmesan cheese or
1 tbsp peanut butter (crunchy or smooth)
1. Pre-heat the oven to 190°c (180°c fan) or Gas Mark 5. Peel and cut squash into 3cm cubes. Place in shallow oven proof dish and drizzle with Bath Harvest Rapeseed Oil, toss to coat and season with salt and pepper. Roast for around 20 minutes, turning occasionally until starting to soften and colour.
2. Meanwhile, peel and chop the onion. Place in large saucepan with a glug of Bath Harvest Rapeseed Oil. Cook until starting to soften over a medium heat.
3. Add butternut squash and then the stock, bring to the boil and simmer until all the vegetables are cooked through.
4. Take of the heat and leave to cool slightly. Transfer in batches to food processor or use hand held blender to reduce to smooth consistency. Return to pan, add your chosen finishing ingredient and stir through. If the soup is too thick, add a little more boiling water. If required, add more seasoning.
5. Re-heat before decanting into bowls and drizzle with a little more rapeseed oil or cream. Serve with croutons or crusty bread.
Store – the soup can be frozen in single portions, defrosted and micro-waved for a homemade healthy lunch option.
For Gluten Free version:
Follow recipe above but ensure you use a gluten free brand of stock cube and serve with gluten free bread!